The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way
Oh how fast the years fly by, before we know it another year is almost over and a new year begins. I will make all the familiar resolutions to change, but I know that I can only change what God helps me change. Each day I make the decision to continue in my quest to glorify my Lord.
Another Step I Take
- Today, is another step, knowing not where I go.
- Today I take another step to a place only my Lord knows.
- My prayer is, I will His direction see,
- For this day is another step closer to eternity.
- There is no guarantee that I will live yet another day;
- So I step toward my God and refuse to turn the other way.
- I know my Lord is kind, and my motives see,
- As I watch for the right way and search the Word carefully,
- I seek to keep in close communication with Him as He walks ahead.
- I do not need to worry nor do I need to my future dread.
- If I take each step in faith; I am able to call for others to come;
- So together we can take another step drawing ever closer to the Son.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever